About the Campaign
The Recycle Right SC campaign is a partnership between SC DHEC and Palmetto Pride, the state’s anti-litter and beautification organization. The campaign was developed to:
- Encourage residents to improve recycling habits and to recycle properly
- Provide tools to local governments to present a clear, consistent message
Why recycle right?
- Improve our recycling habits to reach state-wide goals:
- 50 percent recycling rate statewide and for each county
- 3.25 pounds per person per day disposal rate
- Provide clean, usable material for recycling processors and manufacturers
- Help local governments run efficient and cost-effective recycling programs
From York County (SC) Solid Waste & Recycling
What Happens to Your Recycling
The material that is accepted for recycling is different from city to city. This is based on what the MRF in that area accepts. The same materials are not accepted at all MRFs.
Have a Question?
Contact us with any S.C. recycling or related questions or comments you may have.